Our curriculum and instruction are standards-based, with a focus on cooperative and interactive learning through technology and hands-on experiences, field trips, the use manipulatives, and other experiential methods.
Beyond traditional academics, we offer programs that develop leadership and social/emotional skills, which enable students to communicate clearly, solve conflict productively, and introduce themselves to new friends. Additional programs foster a creative and multi-sensory approach to learning through art, music, and gardening.
Recognizing the challenges of before- and after-school care for working parents, we also offer numerous extended-school-day opportunities for students through a wide range of tutoring and extra-curricular activities. In addition, learning resources such as Roosevelt Reads digital library and ST Math, which teaches foundational math skills and problem solving using screen graphics, can be accessed outside of school hours for families’ convenience.
School features include:
- A dedicated art room with kiln
- Band and music rooms, including a full marching band of instruments
- Interactive Smart Boards in all classrooms
- A computer lab and 11 traveling computer carts
- A nine-bed garden (one per grade level) maintained in partnership with The Farm at South Mountain