Cesar E. Chavez Leadership Academy serves students in Head Start through eighth grade in the Roosevelt School District. Our school serves the north boundary of RSD from Broadway to Rio Salado and Seventh Street to Fifteenth Avenue.
Our school community provides learning opportunities for over 500 students and their exceptional families, as well as resources and support for a variety of needs. We commit to providing a safe, healthy, and positive learning environment for all students as they navigate their educational careers. Through our work together, we will model how to be a learner in all moments, empowering students to be their best as an influential member of their community.
In the 2020-2021 school year, our school initiatives will include a focus on becoming a trauma-informed community, the opportunity for high-quality professional development and leadership experience, and the implementation of the Professional Learning Community framework as we pursue academic excellence with our students. More specifically, our distributed leadership framework will prioritize the following:
- Continuously improve the physical and emotional environment
- Refine school to home communication
- Plan and execute school and community events
- Provide family engagement and learning opportunities
- Hire and retain qualified staff members
- Implement a distributed leadership approach
- Participate in ongoing professional learning
- Monitor enrollment, attendance, and spending
- Implement collaborative team planning with a focus on essential standards
- Implement the use of common formative assessments
- Incorporate consistent data analysis protocols
- Increase student achievement by 10%
We invite you to join our learning community and become an active partner in our 2020-2021 school year!