Dream Big, Start Here! Register now for 2019-2020. At Roosevelt School District No. 66 we allow our students to dream big!
For more than 100 years, Roosevelt School District No. 66 has been educating and nurturing families in South Phoenix. Our desire to inspire and educate children has led to innovative learning, access to advanced technology and smaller class sizes to meet the needs of today’s students.
The district’s diverse community and dedicated staff strive to create a safe and nurturing environment that not only strengthens students and their families, but also the community. Today, RSD No. 66 is the largest employer in South Phoenix, spanning 20 sites as well as a community center, making it not only an educator but also a provider.
Programs & Offerings
What does RSD No.66 offer my student?
- FREE Full-day Kindergarten with comprehensive academic curriculum
- Academic programs utilizing technology integration: STEAM/STEM programs, project-based learning, digital literacy and math programs
- Fine arts, music, physical education integration district-wide
- FREE Sports Programming Including: basketball, soccer, cheerleading and volleyball
- Extracurricular and After School Programming including: leadership programs, competitive sports, fine arts, music, dance, band, cheer and more!
- Roosevelt Reads: an advanced digital literacy platform
- Google and Apple classrooms with 1:1 devices
- State-of-the-art instructional technology district-wide
- Programs for students with special needs
- Gifted student programs
- FREE 21st Century, before and after school programs focusing on literacy, math and science comprehension
- Partnerships with local universities focused on college preparation, college success, career exploration through: Arizona State University, Grand Canyon University and Maricopa County Community Colleges
Classroom and Beyond
At Roosevelt School District No. 66, empowering students to achieve success is our guiding principle. From unique facilities and unparalleled resources to programs that enhance performance and enrich a community, it’s all a part of our curriculum at RSD No. 66.
Family Engagement Programs
Roosevelt School District No. 66 offers hundreds of events for families year-round, many of them FREE, including family literacy programs, English language classes, health, parenting and well-being classes among countless others.
The Center for Sustainability
A district-wide resource laboratory designed to support Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM)
Roosevelt Health Center
The Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences partnership provides our families with access to free, innovative , naturopathic healthcare at our Roosevelt Health Clinic located at our Brooks Community Center.
The Roosevelt Community Technology Center
A community neighborhood house offering families free technology resources and family engagement workshops, training and Rosetta Stone access, as well as a lending library
Spaces of Opportunity Community Garden
Roosevelt School District No. 66 partnered with the community garden in South Phoenix, a 10-acre farm that provides affordable access to healthy foodfrom its community garden and provides opportunites for our students to learn about agriculture. health, wellness and sustainable practices.
Pre-K and Head Start Programs
Roosevelt School District No. 66 is now enrolling for Head Start, Pre-K and Transitional Kindergarten (TK) for the 2019-20 school year. TK is a program for 4-year-olds who turn 5 between September 2 and December 31 and is designed to be a bridge between preschool and kindergarten.
For more information and to enroll, please visit our Early Childhood Education page or contact 602-243-4885.
The following is a list of schools offering Pre-K and Head Start Schools:
Bernard Black Elementary School*
Chavez Leadership Academy*
Cloves C. Campbell Sr. Elementary School
Ed And Verma Pastor Elementary School
Ignacio Conchos Elementary School*
John F. Kennedy Elementary School* (Half-day Head Start Program)
John R. Davis Elementary School* (Half-day Head Start Program)
Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary School* (Half-day Head Start Program)
Maxine O. Bush Elementary School - (Pilot PreK/TK Dual Language Program)*
Southwest Elementary School*
T.G. Barr Elementary School*
*Schools that also offer Head Start
How to Enroll
What to bring when you register your student:
- Student’s birth certificate
- Student's immunization record
- Proof of residency
RSD is an open-enrollment district. Families residing outside of RSD No. 66 may apply at any time during the year at any of our campuses. If you have questions, please call our District Office at 602-243-4800.
A child is eligible for admission to kindergarten if the child reaches the age of five before September 1 of the current school year.
Phoenix Union High School District
To identify the high school in Phoenix Union High School District for your grade nine through twelve students, please visit http://PhoenixUnion.org.
For registration and enrollment info: