Esperança Inc.’s Arizona program began in 2000, and is a leader in providing health education and resources to Maricopa County’s most at-risk and under-served Latino youth, adults, and seniors, creating true social change. Esperança’s bilingual and bi-cultural Community Health Educators come from the communities they serve. Classes are held in community centers, clinics, schools, and HUD housing facilities to ensure maximum participation by eliminating unnecessary travel.
Workshops include but are not limited to:
- Portion control
- Learning how to read and understand nutrition labels
- Mental health and meditation
- Chronic disease awareness
- The importance of physical activity
- How to cook and shop healthier