Travel Reduction Program | Participation Incentives
The Roosevelt School District supports efforts to reduce air pollution and improve our quality of life. We encourage you, whenever possible, to share the ride to work – by carpooling or vanpooling, taking the bus, riding your bike, or if you live near enough, walk to work.
Like hundreds of other organizations in the Valley, the Roosevelt School District is required to participate in the Maricopa County Travel Reduction Program. The goal of the program is to reduce air pollution by decreasing drive-alone trips to/from work. In our effort to comply with the program and to make commuting less stressful and more convenient for you, we offer the following incentives:
- Once you are a registered Alternative Mode User (AMU), you can enter our prize drawings. When you share the ride to work, bus, bike or walk, you can enter to win a prize in our quarterly, semi-annual & annual drawings.
- New AMUs and employees who move closer to work are eligible for a prize
- We provide two reserved carpool spaces; spaces are available on a first-come, first-serve basis but you must be a registered AMU to use them.
- As a registered AMU we offer a Guaranteed Ride Home program in case of emergency. Limited to two uses per year.
- A bike rack is in front of the site/school.
- Showers are available for employees that bike or walk to work. They are in the nurse’s office of the school.
To become a Registered Alternative Mode User or for assistance finding a carpool partner, please complete the Alternative Mode User Registration Form or email Marcus Davis.
For information on solutions for your drive alone commute, visit ShareTheRide.com or call Valley Metro Commute Solutions at 602.262.7433 (RIDE).
Alternative Mode User Survey 2021
Click the following link to complete the AMU Survey 2021. Employees who complete and submit the survey by May 7, 2021 will be entered into a drawing to win Trip Reduction Prizes!
TRANSIT RIDER SURVEY (Sponsored by Valley Metro Commute Solutions)
During the past year, we have enhanced cleaning procedures, distributed more than 35,000 face coverings to transit riders and taken additional safety measures to keep riders and frontline staff safe. Take our survey on riding public transit by May 9, 2021 and share your thoughts on the safety of our transit system during the recovery from the pandemic. You will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a $25 gift card.