Roosevelt School District No. 66 Early Childhood Education
Meeting the Diverse Needs of Every Young Child
The Roosevelt School District Early Childhood Department proudly offers a variety of preschool programs designed to meet the unique and individual needs of every child and family. Each class ensures a wholistic curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and culturally responsive while supporting the social and emotional needs of each young child.
These Pre-K and Head Start programs offered promote school readiness through meaningful, developmentally appropriate experiences in the areas of social and emotional development, cognitive, early reading, science, math and physical development with an emphasis on positive outcomes for children and families.
We are proud to share our program participates in the First Things First Quality First Star Rating System which recognizes preschool sites for providing state of the art education and family engagement services in safe learning environments from highly qualified staff.
Help your child thrive by enrolling in one of our programs
Roosevelt School District No. 66 is now enrolling for the Head Start and Pre-K programs for the 2020-21 school year. Program options are provided at no cost to eligible families at most sites within the district boundary area. It’s easy to reserve your spot, just complete the fillable Pre-Application PDF form, download, save and email it to Connie Fernandez. You may also contact the Early Childhood Education Department by phone, 602-243-4885.
Early Childhood Education Program Resources
If you need more information, please call our department at 602-243-4885.
Director of Early Childhood Education
Supervisor of Head Start
Early Childhood Coach
Early Childhood Exceptional Student Services Corrdinator
Analyst Exceptional Student Services (SPED)
Student Services Receptionist
COVID-19 Protocols & Processes for the 2020-21 School Year
The health and safety of our children and families is our top priority. In an effort to mitigate COVID-19, we are following additional health and safety measures based upon CDC guidelines. state and local recommendations and regulations, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. Given the evolving situation in Maricopa County and our attendance area, we will continue to update these protocols as decisions are made and as often as necessary. Please contact your school administrator or the Early Childhood Department if you have additional questions.COVID-19 Protocols & Processes for the 2020-21 School Year
- Sanitization We continue to place a strong focus on hand-washing and disinfecting throughout the day. Efforts will be made to keep groups of children together and provide additional disinfecting between groups of children.
- Sleep When applicable, during preschool nap times, mats will be placed head to toe. Each child's bedding is stored separately and washed frequently.
- Meals Meal safety may involve serving individual portions instead of family style. The Roosevelt School District Child Nutrition Services prepares and serves nutritious meals including a variety of nutrient rich foods to support growth and help prevent illness.
- Health Checks We screen temperatures of staff and children and anyone with a temperature of at least 100.4 degrees or showing other signs of illness will not be permitted to enter the facility. If a child becomes ill during the day, they will stay in a separate, supervised area while awaiting pickup.
- Safe, Social Distancing (more to come later)
- Facial Coverings (more to come later)